I must say that after last week's phenomenal loss of 4 lbs I surely was not expecting anything great this week. But much to my surprise, this morning the scale, my new best friend (well until next week at least) showed I was down another 2.4 lbs! In the last two weeks I've lost 6.4 lbs, which it a combined total of almost the past 7 weeks prior! And honestly, I wasn't completely the best this week, by any means, which is even more shocking. One day I had a whopper from Burger King, Digiorno Pizza for dinner and half of a brownie at my friend's house and the next day I was down 1.4 lbs which was the first time I was down the entire week. Go figure! I swear, once I think I have this whole physiology thing figured out with my body, something that completely doesn't make any sense pops up and confuses me once again. But I must say that this whole Core program overall seems to be really working for me. One thing I've noticed is that I feel less hungry more often than not. I think with the lack of bad carbs and sugars, and the addition of whole foods with more fiber, my blood sugar levels aren't riding a roller coaster all day (carbs/sugars) and I'm feeling fuller with my food choices on top of that (fiber). It seems that even with the bad choices I've made some days, the good ones seem to even things out. Now I'm not expecting this to be a constant pattern, so I am going to do my best to continue to make good choices, but I will certainly be open to keeping up a 2+ lb loss each week for sure.
Today I was just so happy I felt like I was on cloud nine, because not only have I lost 2.4 lbs, but I am now down 30.6 lbs. I've almost lost 15% of my starting weight, and I reached another 15 lb goal. Now I have only 14.4 lbs left until my next 15 lb goal. Another 7 lbs and I will be back to what I was right after Grace was born before I gained all my weight. Now I say that knowing full well I was already overweight to some degree before Grace was born and I was even married, or even dating Ray. But I'm talking about the large amount of weight that I gained in such a short period of time right after Grace was born that pretty much changed my life for the past 5 years......so only 7 more pounds and I will be back to the beginning..........finally.
Today I was just so happy I felt like I was on cloud nine, because not only have I lost 2.4 lbs, but I am now down 30.6 lbs. I've almost lost 15% of my starting weight, and I reached another 15 lb goal. Now I have only 14.4 lbs left until my next 15 lb goal. Another 7 lbs and I will be back to what I was right after Grace was born before I gained all my weight. Now I say that knowing full well I was already overweight to some degree before Grace was born and I was even married, or even dating Ray. But I'm talking about the large amount of weight that I gained in such a short period of time right after Grace was born that pretty much changed my life for the past 5 years......so only 7 more pounds and I will be back to the beginning..........finally.


1 comment:
Your enthusiasm makes me smile! Good job! By the way, the picture of you is cute-should have it blown up...
Post a Comment