So I wasn't going to go back the NP unless I was feeling a lot worse, and quite frankly, I don't know how much worse I can feel. But, I was hacking up a storm and wanted to see if she can give me a better cough medicine than what she had given me because I wasn't getting any relief in the coughing department what-so-ever. So after I went to school to take my midterm that I didn't study for, and because of email problems was not able to make any arrangements for retaking the test with my professor, I went to the walk-in clinic to see the NP. She went ahead and listened to my lungs again, and this time she said my right lung sounded diminished, which meant I could have pneumonia. She ordered a chest xray, and I went so late this afternoon, I was told it would probably be tomorrow before the radiologist called the NP. However, by the time I got home from picking up my prescriptions, the NP called and told me I did indeed have pneumonia.
Yuck.
I have to take this time to to thank Ray and his mom. They have been an INCREDIBLE help to me during this time, and I don't know what I would do without them. Mom had taken the kids out of the house several times, and even had a few sleepovers. Ray has been my "caretaker" (I called him my nurse, but he HATES that, lol). He has woken me up every few hours to give me my meds, he's helped get me whatever I need, he's done laundry, he's cleaned up, he's drove me around today like crazy. Thank you both very much for your help. I'd be lost without it.
I hope to report soon that I am better. I start my new antibiotic today, and the NP said I should feel better after 5 days. I'll keep you posted.
Yuck.
I have to take this time to to thank Ray and his mom. They have been an INCREDIBLE help to me during this time, and I don't know what I would do without them. Mom had taken the kids out of the house several times, and even had a few sleepovers. Ray has been my "caretaker" (I called him my nurse, but he HATES that, lol). He has woken me up every few hours to give me my meds, he's helped get me whatever I need, he's done laundry, he's cleaned up, he's drove me around today like crazy. Thank you both very much for your help. I'd be lost without it.
I hope to report soon that I am better. I start my new antibiotic today, and the NP said I should feel better after 5 days. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:
Post a Comment