Well, I still don't have a whole lot to say. I did my run/walk Monday morning, and then slept in Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. I did go back out this morning and I am hoping to continue for the next several days. we'll see. Last night I also went for a 2 mile walk. I left at about 8:30pm and let me tell you, it was hot. When I checked the temperature a couple of hours later, it said it was 83 degrees and feels like 89. At 11 pm it feels like 89? Blah! No wonder it was hot at 8:30pm. I will say this though, it sure beats walking in the sun. That won't happen for another 3 months. Man, those three months sure can't come quick enough!
A funny thing I noticed today is that I really do have a true competitive side. I was out the door this morning at 6:15am and basically my whole routine takes about a half an hour to complete. So, I was 2/3 of the way done when a woman emerged from her house across the street from the park I am in every morning and proceeds to walk around the same trail as I'm on. This also happens just as I am about to start another one of my run segments and here she is right behind me. So when my run segment starts, what do I do? Ha, I simply make sure I am full on running and not jogging so as not to look like a wimp. I try to make it look smooth as if anyone can do this. Whew, when that minute was over I was pretty out of breath. However, I kept this up for my remaining 2 other run segments. Thank goodness she wasn't out there at the beginning.
I'm going to try to grab a walk in this evening as well. I think my plan will try to include a walk in the evenings in addition to my morning routine. Pretty soon I will be adding some crunches, push ups, lunges, and squats. One day I will be adding weights, but since weights always intimidate me, that may be far off. I just never know what I need to do or how many to do, or anything about weights for that matter. But I do know that muscle burns fat and I should add a little muscle to help the fat burning process. Don't worry, I'm not going to look like a female body builder-YUCK! But a little toning never hurt anyone.
Now I am sleepy. I had only 5.5 hours of sleep before that wicked alarm went off at 6am. I'm still really struggling with getting to bed by at least 11pm. There just aren't enough hours of the day. So, as it's nearing Nate's nap time, I think I'll catch some Z's myself.
A funny thing I noticed today is that I really do have a true competitive side. I was out the door this morning at 6:15am and basically my whole routine takes about a half an hour to complete. So, I was 2/3 of the way done when a woman emerged from her house across the street from the park I am in every morning and proceeds to walk around the same trail as I'm on. This also happens just as I am about to start another one of my run segments and here she is right behind me. So when my run segment starts, what do I do? Ha, I simply make sure I am full on running and not jogging so as not to look like a wimp. I try to make it look smooth as if anyone can do this. Whew, when that minute was over I was pretty out of breath. However, I kept this up for my remaining 2 other run segments. Thank goodness she wasn't out there at the beginning.
I'm going to try to grab a walk in this evening as well. I think my plan will try to include a walk in the evenings in addition to my morning routine. Pretty soon I will be adding some crunches, push ups, lunges, and squats. One day I will be adding weights, but since weights always intimidate me, that may be far off. I just never know what I need to do or how many to do, or anything about weights for that matter. But I do know that muscle burns fat and I should add a little muscle to help the fat burning process. Don't worry, I'm not going to look like a female body builder-YUCK! But a little toning never hurt anyone.
Now I am sleepy. I had only 5.5 hours of sleep before that wicked alarm went off at 6am. I'm still really struggling with getting to bed by at least 11pm. There just aren't enough hours of the day. So, as it's nearing Nate's nap time, I think I'll catch some Z's myself.

3 comments:
I bet you have a nice drop this week. By Monday, if you keep up your routine, I know you'll be really happy and we'll do a congrats shop some where to celebrate:) love ya!
Hmmm, maybe a congrats shopping of a cherry limeade?? There's one in Boynton like 20 minutes from my house. =) =) =) =)
I was thinking more on the lines of new clothing for your thinner body! A trip to Boynton sounds like a husband treat-and since when have you known there was a Sonic in Boynton Beach and didn't tell Rob???
Post a Comment