Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weight Loss Ticker

My sister-in-law, Wendi, suggested I put one of these things on my blog called a ticker for my weight loss. As you can see, I have put it up top under the "Support Our Troops" banner. They have these for pretty much anything, from counting down until your anniversary, to weight loss, to moving to a new state. I'm not quite sure why it's called a ticker exactly, but thats what it's called. I had one already, however, I just never posted it here. I guess maybe it's partly related to the fact that its hard to admit you need to lose weight, let alone when you have a large number to lose. I've gotten questions from people about how much I need to lose, and questions have come from people about why I would need to go on a show like The Biggest Loser when I "don't look like" I need to lose that much. Unfortunately, my friends, I do. In order to be at the very top of the healthy weight range, I need to lose about 85lbs total, or about another 65lbs from where I'm at. However, I would like to be at least another 10lbs less than that, at the very least, and that is where my ticker is set at, which would be a 95lb loss. My ideal goal weight would be to lose a total of 105lbs, and believe it or not, I would still be in the healthy weight range. Now I know some of you honestly don't think I had that much to lose, because I've already heard that from several sources. But I really, truly do. I guess it's a good thing that I hide it well, but that's pretty much what I've been doing for the last 5 years is hiding what I can. At any rate, it's time to face the music and really be honest and open with how far I still have to go. But if you look at the lower side of things, if I just get myself into the healthy range, I only have 3/4 left to go, which at the moment, doesn't seem too bad. However, any feelings I portray on my blog are subject to change at any time because hey, I'm a woman after all. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the ticker idea, the snail is great! Steady and slow that's the way to go...oops, I thinks that was a turtle. Oh well, same difference! You are doing amazing and I'm really proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Well, if I'm going to mess up, I should go all the way and say "me thinks":) Sooo, me thinks you're doing a great job-keep it up!

 

Mini Kit Klan:
Ray, Gabbi, Grace and Nate
Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez