Saturday, July 7, 2007

Day 3

Today was day 3 on my walk/run (or maybe I should say jog? but you get the point) program. It went really well. I woke up about 6am, but finally got out of bed about 6:20am, then I threw on some clothes, put on my sneakers, grabbed my ipod and hit the road. Well, the sidewalk. Anyway, today I decided that maybe my ankle felt so tight last time because I was wearing my ankle brace bandage thing (what are these even called? Its not an Ace bandage, but its that type of material). I had been wearing it because of the problems I've been having with my ankle, but decided it was worth a shot to see if my ankle would feel better today without it. Guess what? It did. It didn't feel tight or burn today, so I will continue to keep it this way for as long as it continues to feel ok. I'm still really liking the program, and I like how I'm feeling afterwards. I'm not sure if it's a combination of the exercise and having a shower afterwards, or if it's just the exercise itself, but either way, I start my day feeling pretty good.

I need to work on getting to bed at a reasonable time. I ended up going to be at around midnight, and then woke up at 6am. This is usually my routine. Problem is that when Nate is finally in bed, which has been around 8pm these days, and then when Grace is finally in bed, which is about 9pm these days, it finally gives me time to relax. I don't like to relax for one hour and then go to bed. I like to relax for several hours and do what I want to do and its hard to just limit that to an hour. I'm working on it though. I need to; I don't like only having 6 hours of sleep.

On another note, I am going to repeat Week One of the program next week. I only got in 3 days this week instead of 5 and so I want to work up some more before starting Week Two. I did some googling and found there are several types of programs like this out there. One site had two different routes you can take; one was a conservative 7 month program, and the other was an aggressive 4 month program. The one I am one is a 9 week program. Hmmmm. Maybe I'm a little ambitious? I thought this program sounded reasonable before I had even read the others. I may be rethinking which program I am on, but we'll see when I get into some of the other weeks. We'll see. For now, this works, and I'm happy and excited to get out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep it up, you're doing great! By the way, you've got some good songs on your list:)

 

Mini Kit Klan:
Ray, Gabbi, Grace and Nate
Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez