On Monday, a new show will premiere on ABC called Fat March. This is a reality series where the contestants, as a team, must walk 500 miles from Boston to Washington D.C. The prize is 1.2 million dollars that is split by the 12 contestants. However, if one quits or if the team votes someone off, the prize money to be split is reduced. There are two trainers; a female trainer named Lorrie and a male trainer named Steve. Steve is actually from Vero Beach, FL, but more importantly, the weight loss group I belong to had gotten to know his sweet wife, Bonnie, who has been giving us advice and tips on everything weight loss related. Steve is quite busy right now with the premiere looming, but some of the group have gotten to know him as well. They are the most down-to-earth, sweet, kind, giving people I've had the privledge of knowing. They really want to make a difference in America and help people lose weight and get healthy.
A friend of mine from the weight loss group, Beth, has decided that she wanted to walk 500 miles by October 26th, inspired by the show. So what did I do? I decided that I would, too. Now this is going to require commitment, but at the very least, I deserve to commit to myself and my health. And what better way than to commit to my health and fitness than walking an average of 6 miles a day for the next 83 days?
So, under my weight loss ticker at the top, you will see a new ticker that will be updated daily with the mileage I've accumulated so far. Since I just started this yesterday AFTER I had already walked 2 miles, I wasn't able to get any more mileage in yesterday. This morning I already walked 3 miles, and I will do another 3 sometime today. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt 5 miles straight. I'll let you know how that goes.
The show, Fat March, is relaying the message to America that you can lose weight by eating right and walking. Get off the couch and at the very least, start walking to get healthy! And apparently, we will see great results from these Fat March folks!
In other news, today was weigh day for me. I'm down .6 lbs, bringing me to an even total of 22 lbs lost. I'm not super happy about the result, but I'm not that upset either. I know this hasn't been the best week for me as far as exercise goes, but now I have no excuses with my 500 mile challenge. I'm working on my water intake and eating every 3-4 hours. Thats my focus with my eating plan for now.
Stay tuned......
AND WATCH FAT MARCH ON MONDAY, AUGUST 6th AT 9pm EST/8pm CST ON ABC!!
A friend of mine from the weight loss group, Beth, has decided that she wanted to walk 500 miles by October 26th, inspired by the show. So what did I do? I decided that I would, too. Now this is going to require commitment, but at the very least, I deserve to commit to myself and my health. And what better way than to commit to my health and fitness than walking an average of 6 miles a day for the next 83 days?
So, under my weight loss ticker at the top, you will see a new ticker that will be updated daily with the mileage I've accumulated so far. Since I just started this yesterday AFTER I had already walked 2 miles, I wasn't able to get any more mileage in yesterday. This morning I already walked 3 miles, and I will do another 3 sometime today. Tomorrow I'm going to attempt 5 miles straight. I'll let you know how that goes.
The show, Fat March, is relaying the message to America that you can lose weight by eating right and walking. Get off the couch and at the very least, start walking to get healthy! And apparently, we will see great results from these Fat March folks!
In other news, today was weigh day for me. I'm down .6 lbs, bringing me to an even total of 22 lbs lost. I'm not super happy about the result, but I'm not that upset either. I know this hasn't been the best week for me as far as exercise goes, but now I have no excuses with my 500 mile challenge. I'm working on my water intake and eating every 3-4 hours. Thats my focus with my eating plan for now.
Stay tuned......
AND WATCH FAT MARCH ON MONDAY, AUGUST 6th AT 9pm EST/8pm CST ON ABC!!

No comments:
Post a Comment