Ok, so after I posted my last blog, I started getting comments from people about what a great thing it was I am doing and I thought, "Uh oh, what did I get myself into?" But that's just what this blog is for; accountability. If I were to keep this to myself, I would tend to slack off way more. But by blogging it to the world, it keeps me on my toes, striving daily to complete the task. It's going to be a challenging one, for sure. Walking 6 miles a day, 7 days a week, for 12 weeks is no walk in the park. Well, it could be a walk in the park, but not an easy walk in the park.
Since Thursday, I have walked 11.75 miles. Two on Thursday, 6 yesterday, and 3.75 miles so far today. I will be doing another 2.25 later on, but time ran short and I was not able to do all 6 at one time. I've decided that I enjoy walking outside more than I like to walk on the treadmill, so at 10am this morning when I set out to go walking, I did just that; walking outside. Since I've given up excuses, it didn't matter that it was hot out and that the sun was blazing away. So I walked 2 miles outside, and realized I was just about dead. I was so hot, I was so red, and I think I may have gotten some sun, too. So I decided to finish up in the gym here in my complex and walk on the treadmill in the AC. Hey, at least it got done, right? Also, I discovered that I enjoy walking on certain treadmills more than others. The gym where I live has two different types of treadmills, with three treadmills total. The one I've been using is big and bulky and harder to keep my balance without holding on, yet the one I used today is smaller and it just makes walking seem as if it's on solid ground. While I like this treadmill way better than the other one, I still enjoy walking outside, because the constant changing of scenery makes the time go by faster.
While I must say that I am pretty worn out after my walking sessions, I feel REALLY great. I remember these feelings after soccer practices where we would work so hard, feel so tired during our workouts, but when we were done, man, I would feel like a million bucks. That's how I feel now. I feel like I am really accomplishing something, and I am. I still love my elliptical workouts, and when I get more time, I will be resuming that for a change in routine. I also will still be doing the walking/running thing eventually, once I start building up some endurance with the walking. This week I will be adding crunches, squats, lunges, and push-ups to the mix, as well as some yoga to help with the stretching my body needs with walking so much. I hope to stay on plan with that, but I will have to let you know how that goes.
On another note, I mentioned I wanted to walk 500 miles by October 26th. The reason for this is on October 26th, I will be going to Las Vegas for 2 days to meet up with the people in my support group. This is exciting because not only will we be meeting in person, but we will all be a lot healthier and more in shape than when we first met. Also, from Las Vegas I'll be going to California to visit my sis-in-law and her hubby for a couple of days as well. I'm really excited, as this is a much needed vacation!
Since Thursday, I have walked 11.75 miles. Two on Thursday, 6 yesterday, and 3.75 miles so far today. I will be doing another 2.25 later on, but time ran short and I was not able to do all 6 at one time. I've decided that I enjoy walking outside more than I like to walk on the treadmill, so at 10am this morning when I set out to go walking, I did just that; walking outside. Since I've given up excuses, it didn't matter that it was hot out and that the sun was blazing away. So I walked 2 miles outside, and realized I was just about dead. I was so hot, I was so red, and I think I may have gotten some sun, too. So I decided to finish up in the gym here in my complex and walk on the treadmill in the AC. Hey, at least it got done, right? Also, I discovered that I enjoy walking on certain treadmills more than others. The gym where I live has two different types of treadmills, with three treadmills total. The one I've been using is big and bulky and harder to keep my balance without holding on, yet the one I used today is smaller and it just makes walking seem as if it's on solid ground. While I like this treadmill way better than the other one, I still enjoy walking outside, because the constant changing of scenery makes the time go by faster.
While I must say that I am pretty worn out after my walking sessions, I feel REALLY great. I remember these feelings after soccer practices where we would work so hard, feel so tired during our workouts, but when we were done, man, I would feel like a million bucks. That's how I feel now. I feel like I am really accomplishing something, and I am. I still love my elliptical workouts, and when I get more time, I will be resuming that for a change in routine. I also will still be doing the walking/running thing eventually, once I start building up some endurance with the walking. This week I will be adding crunches, squats, lunges, and push-ups to the mix, as well as some yoga to help with the stretching my body needs with walking so much. I hope to stay on plan with that, but I will have to let you know how that goes.
On another note, I mentioned I wanted to walk 500 miles by October 26th. The reason for this is on October 26th, I will be going to Las Vegas for 2 days to meet up with the people in my support group. This is exciting because not only will we be meeting in person, but we will all be a lot healthier and more in shape than when we first met. Also, from Las Vegas I'll be going to California to visit my sis-in-law and her hubby for a couple of days as well. I'm really excited, as this is a much needed vacation!

1 comment:
Congratulations on your accomplishments, you're doing such a great job, plus you're on the pathway to a healthier lifestyle that your kids can follow later on.
Post a Comment