I have decided to blog my weight loss journey in order to, by allowing everyone to see my progress, keep myself more accountable and keep myself on track. I hope that this will in turn lead to my success. It's a very hard journey to be on, and it's even harder to talk about with people who haven't faced a weight problem themselves. I find it's so much easier to be open and honest with people who are in the same boat as I am, but I think it's important for me to get it out in the open and let everyone see transparently into my life and my current fight. I believe that opening myself up like this puts me in a place where I need to be to compete with myself, and ultimately win, since I am a pretty competitive person. Some of you already know this, and some of you don't, but in February I sent an audition tape in for the show The Biggest Loser for the same purpose-- to put myself out there, on the line, in front of the world so that I can try my best and get this done. Obviously, there was a very small chance of even making the show, and while I did get pretty far in the process, it was no surprise that I was not chosen. So that's what brings me here, to my blog, now. I have a goal to accomplish, and I am determined now to get it done.
I can't really remember much before high school, but I know that I've alway been a little overweight. Although, I was always still pretty comfortable with myself nonetheless. I've always been a pretty outgoing person-- the social butterfly, funny, sarcastic, overall happy person. But in the last 5 years, I've put on about 45lbs on top of already being at my highest weight, and it has affected my personality to the point where I really try to avoid being around people other than family members. The outgoing person I once was has become a major introvert and homebody, all caused by weight gain that was all POST pregnancy weight gain. Ironically with both Grace and Nate I was 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight only 2 weeks after their births. So somehow all this weight was gained on my own. In high school I was very active in sports, and I haven't really been exercising or active since graduation 12 years ago. Even still, I've only gone up and down weight-wise a certain amount despite my eating habits and have been able to maintain my weight around a certain level, also despite how awful I had been eating in the past.
So, I have tried to lose weight several times in the past 5 years, and each time I get to a point and stop. I think the most I have lost in the past was 30lbs before I throw in the towel, which is why this time I am more determined than ever.
I am currently doing the Weight Watcher plan, and this has worked the best for me in the past, at least better than any other plan I have tried. I am also currently also a part of a group of people that formed online who met one another through the audition process for The Biggest Loser. So far, its working well. Some people have seen weight loss upwards of 40 lbs now. As a group, collectively, we have already lost over 430lbs (even more but we're still waiting for this weeks numbers to come in and be tallied). I can't recall the number of people in the group, but my guess is it's somewhere around 26 people.
Anyway, I will probably blog my weight loss for the week on Mondays. During the week I will probably blog about anything and everything, including any weight loss related issues I am having or vents I want to make. This is going to be a long emotional journey, and I have found I am definitely an emotional eater. But I invite you to see into my journey so that 1) I may possibly be able to help someone else, and 2) so that I can help myself.
I weigh myself every Monday morning, so this is technically the end of week 8--even though I haven't been following my eating plan fully except for maybe about 3 weeks--and I am down 8.4lbs, which means I'm down 3.89%!
Here is my weight loss thus far, week by week:
3/26/07 Start
4/02/07 -1 lb
4/09/07 +2 lbs
4/16/07 -3 lbs
4/23/07 -2.4 lbs
4/30/07 -1 lb
5/07/07 -1 lb
5/14/07 + .6 lb
5/21/07 - 2.6lbs
Thanks for reading!!!
I can't really remember much before high school, but I know that I've alway been a little overweight. Although, I was always still pretty comfortable with myself nonetheless. I've always been a pretty outgoing person-- the social butterfly, funny, sarcastic, overall happy person. But in the last 5 years, I've put on about 45lbs on top of already being at my highest weight, and it has affected my personality to the point where I really try to avoid being around people other than family members. The outgoing person I once was has become a major introvert and homebody, all caused by weight gain that was all POST pregnancy weight gain. Ironically with both Grace and Nate I was 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight only 2 weeks after their births. So somehow all this weight was gained on my own. In high school I was very active in sports, and I haven't really been exercising or active since graduation 12 years ago. Even still, I've only gone up and down weight-wise a certain amount despite my eating habits and have been able to maintain my weight around a certain level, also despite how awful I had been eating in the past.
So, I have tried to lose weight several times in the past 5 years, and each time I get to a point and stop. I think the most I have lost in the past was 30lbs before I throw in the towel, which is why this time I am more determined than ever.
I am currently doing the Weight Watcher plan, and this has worked the best for me in the past, at least better than any other plan I have tried. I am also currently also a part of a group of people that formed online who met one another through the audition process for The Biggest Loser. So far, its working well. Some people have seen weight loss upwards of 40 lbs now. As a group, collectively, we have already lost over 430lbs (even more but we're still waiting for this weeks numbers to come in and be tallied). I can't recall the number of people in the group, but my guess is it's somewhere around 26 people.
Anyway, I will probably blog my weight loss for the week on Mondays. During the week I will probably blog about anything and everything, including any weight loss related issues I am having or vents I want to make. This is going to be a long emotional journey, and I have found I am definitely an emotional eater. But I invite you to see into my journey so that 1) I may possibly be able to help someone else, and 2) so that I can help myself.
I weigh myself every Monday morning, so this is technically the end of week 8--even though I haven't been following my eating plan fully except for maybe about 3 weeks--and I am down 8.4lbs, which means I'm down 3.89%!
Here is my weight loss thus far, week by week:
3/26/07 Start
4/02/07 -1 lb
4/09/07 +2 lbs
4/16/07 -3 lbs
4/23/07 -2.4 lbs
4/30/07 -1 lb
5/07/07 -1 lb
5/14/07 + .6 lb
5/21/07 - 2.6lbs
Thanks for reading!!!

1 comment:
Go Gabs!
Post a Comment