OK, so yeah, I haven't blogged in a while. Its been crazy. Grace started school on Aug. 14th, I started school on Aug. 21st. In between that, we went for a visit up at Eglin AFB and and a visit up at Tallahassee. Then we had a Tropical Storm that was supposed to make it to hurricane strength, but then it widdled down to nothing and syked us out. So, in a nutshell, I've been busy!
Ok, so why do I hate UPS, you may be asking? That is the title of my blog today, thanks for noticing. Well, thanks to my scholarship and financial aid, I have enough money leftover to buy a laptop. Ray has been inundated with paperwork and is usually on the computer every night to work on it. I am taking an English class, which of course, requires you to write. Yes, I can handwrite a paper, however, due to technological advances, teachers now require you to type these papers before handing them in. This creates a dilema. How does both Ray and Gabbi use one computer the same way? Answer: They don't. They get a new one.
So, we order a laptop from Dell. Great! Shipping date originally was going to be 8/31. They build it earlier, ship it out on Saturday and I am due to receive it Tuesday. I even get an automated call from UPS saying the delivery date was updated and I would be receiving the package on Tuesday, 8/29. Fantastic! I am, as they say in Cali, stoked. Ernesto freaks everyone out and everything shuts down Tuesday so, there goes that delivery date. No problem, I can handle that, not UPS' fault. No biggie. However, the status all day said it was, "OUT FOR DELIVERY" until about 5:30pm, when it said, "THE PACKAGE WAS LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY CAUSING THIS DELAY;FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY"
Wednesday comes, no package. Status according to UPS, "THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO EMERGENCY CONDITIONS BEYOND UPS' CONTROL"....not sure which emergency conditions they were talking about.
Thursday comes, Oh I get a package from UPS, but it is the free printer I got with the laptop, which was not shipped out until Wednesday morning and I received that already. Ugh. Yet, still no laptop. Today's status message was the same as Tuesday....it was left or something like that.
Friday comes, Gabbi's mad at UPS. I called them, however, you cannot call the center that delivers your packages directly, so I have to call the general number. They tell me they can have the center call me back, but that can be anytime between now and 7pm. Yikes. Well, they actually called about 11am and said that the package is on the truck and will be delivered today. Yippee....but we'll see about that.
Well, thanks for listening to me complain. I know you looked here for some pics. I tricked you. Sorry. But I feel better now, if that means anything. =)
Isaac plays Jesus
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment