Friday, March 20, 2009

Prayer Request

Sorry I've yet again been too busy to continuously blog, but honestly there hasn't been much to say except that I'm busy.

Anyway, onto my prayer request. Back in August, my mom was having a colonoscopy and the doctor alerted her that there was something on her ovary that was big enough for him to notice. She proceeded to see her gynecologist, who ordered an ultrasound and determined that everything was OK and there was no need to do anything about whatever was growing on her ovary. Three weeks later she was called by her doctor to come in for a repeat ultrasound, and afterwards was presented with the same result, which left her a little confused as to why it needed to be repeated, and yet everything was fine. Then in December, she was called again by the same doctor requesting her then to get an MRI of her ovaries. Unfortunately, due to insurance reasons, my mom was unable to go at that time. Within the last month or so (I can't remember when exactly) she went in for her MRI and then had an appt to meet back with her dr for the results. Now I don't remember the exact details about how the oncologist and/or surgeon got involved, but what it came down to was she had a growth on one of her ovaries that was getting biggger and not going away. It was also unclear if it was cancerous or not, but she was advised that she needed to have a hysterectomy and was scheduled for the following week (which was about the beginning of March). My mom decided to postpone the surgery a couple of weeks, and went in Wednesday for the procedure. She is now sitting in ICU, mostly due to the fact that they have been unable to control her blood sugar. She is a diabetic on insulin, and even with the insulin so far it has been too high for their liking. Otherwise she seems to be doing well, except for being in a lot of pain. She was on a morphine pump but they took it away because she was too sleepy, so now shes on pain pills of some sort instead.

So I asked my mom today when the doctor expected the test results on the growth to come back to see if it was cancerous or not, and she tells me that it looked like it was at least Stage I. My mom was pretty groggy, so it was hard to get more information than that, and apparently that was news to my brother and step-father as well since my step-father asked why he didn't know that bit of information.

So my prayer request is that they got all the cancer out and that my mom won't need much more treatment for it, and also that she has a quick recovery.

Please pray for me as well. I have the weight of the health world on my shoulders now, and I worry about what my future holds. I seem to have inherited the genes of many possible health problems.

  • Heart problems (mom and grandfather - mom's dad- who died of a heart attack)
  • Diabetes (mom and grandfather- mom's dad)
  • Lung Cancer (my mom's cousin)
  • Breast Cancer (grandmother- mom's mom)
  • Thryoid Cancer (uncle- mom's brother)
  • Thyroid Disease (my mom AND dad)
  • Blood pressure (my mom)
So as you can see, the odds are stacked against me as it is in the cancer department, genetically speaking. My mom is one of three children, so out of their family of five, THREE of them have or have had cancer. THREE out of FIVE. That's 60% of their immediate family. And that's not to mention that I think my mom had told me once that my dad's sister had cancer too, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Anyway, I have a lot on my mind right now, and I'm just babbling away. If you think about it, just say a quick prayer for my mom, and for our family and our future health.

No comments:

 

Mini Kit Klan:
Ray, Gabbi, Grace and Nate
Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez