Well, it's more like A's and B's but P's and Q's just sounded better. Just the other day, I started going over the letter A with Nate. I have no idea when Grace was able to recognize her letters, and I'm sure this is probably not a big deal for a three year old. I suppose most kids are probably able to recognize their letters at this age, but my son is very active and doesn't like to sit still for very long. For that reason, I haven't really thought he was able to learn anything that required more than 30 seconds of his attention. Anyway, we went over the letter A and he has been able to recognize the letter A (upper and lower case) every time he sees it. Then I did the letter B. He gets a little confused with the lower case B, but the upper case B he has been very consistent with knowing. I'm so proud of my little boy!
I guess the other reason I haven't felt like it was a big deal to rush this because I know once he starts school, they will go over this. I know with Grace, they were learning letters, and colors, and shapes and I was REALLY surprised they had to go over that at that age, since she had known colors and shapes at 2. All of my friends' kids knew that stuff early, and definitely by the time they started school, too, so I thought that was normal. Anyway, Nate knows his colors and shapes, too, so now we are working on letters, and then its off to phonics.
We are TRYING to work on potty training this little booger, too. That's not going quite as well. He is very stubborn. There are times he will tell us all by himself that he has to go potty. Most of the time, however, I have to put him on it myself and then he will go. I've tried putting him in regular underwear, but he will still go in his pants anyway. I will change him and he will go again in his pants. I'm not sure what else to do, really.....so I will just keep trying. Maybe one day he will get it.
I guess the other reason I haven't felt like it was a big deal to rush this because I know once he starts school, they will go over this. I know with Grace, they were learning letters, and colors, and shapes and I was REALLY surprised they had to go over that at that age, since she had known colors and shapes at 2. All of my friends' kids knew that stuff early, and definitely by the time they started school, too, so I thought that was normal. Anyway, Nate knows his colors and shapes, too, so now we are working on letters, and then its off to phonics.
We are TRYING to work on potty training this little booger, too. That's not going quite as well. He is very stubborn. There are times he will tell us all by himself that he has to go potty. Most of the time, however, I have to put him on it myself and then he will go. I've tried putting him in regular underwear, but he will still go in his pants anyway. I will change him and he will go again in his pants. I'm not sure what else to do, really.....so I will just keep trying. Maybe one day he will get it.

2 comments:
Good job Nate! He's doing good mommy, and your right, once they start school they will go over ALL those things again anyway.
Girl you are so right about active ones. Diego is very active, as well, and doesn't sit still for long which has made it a challenge to teach him. And as far as potty training, Nate will get it. He's probably just not interested/curious about it yet.
Post a Comment