Sunday, May 11, 2008

I am an Aunt!!

I am SO excited, I am an Aunt! Isn't that awesome? But what's even more awesome is that Ray's brother, John and his wife, Wendi are finally parents! After 10 years of marriage, 5 of which they've been dealing with infertility, they have adopted this little boy who was just born on May 7th. This is a story that only God could have written, and it such a beautiful story at that. Here is a blog my sister-in-law, Wendi wrote telling some of the background of her relationship with the birthmom, Brianna (click here).

One other cool thing is that Isaac's due date was May 7th, which happened to be the day he was born. However, it was also Brianna's 18th birthday, and Brianna herself was adopted. So how cool is it that she was born into this life, adopted by a loving family, only 18 years later to give birth to a son and allow a loving family to adopt him.....THE VERY SAME DAY!!! God made sure that this story was really special for John and Wendi with the way He put all this together! Awesome, awesome story! Anyway, here are a few pics of my little nephew that I am just torn to pieces over that he's soooo far away from me :(


Issac finally some from the hospital- he's sooo stinkin' cute


Aunt Gabbi feeding Isaac at the hospital


Isaac leaving the hospital, getting ready to take his very first car ride!

I guess I didn't realize how hard it would be to be so far away, but Isaac just went back home today, 10 hrs away from me, and I'm already missing him like crazy. And all he does is sit there and look cute!!! I guess I'm sad that he's hardly going to know his Aunt Gabbi and he'll know tons more people way better than me because they live so close to him and I don't. Anyway, I'll be ok. I know he'll know me more when he's older. Or I'll have to move closer! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Isaac will know you and love you "to pieces"-no matter how fay away he travels! You are going to be a terrific Aunt!
love, mom

 

Mini Kit Klan:
Ray, Gabbi, Grace and Nate
Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez