Ok, so you get two posts in one day. What a deal! But really, I actually would have posted this earlier, but I wanted to ensure I got a decent pic before I blogged.
My little girl is indeed growing fast. The other day Grace asked to get her ears pierced. Ray and I decided before Grace was born that when she was old enough to want and ask to get her ears pierced, we would do it. You see, I came from a house where my parents (mostly my mom, I'm sure, lol) pierced my ears when I was still just an infant. Ray, however, grew up in a different house, and so our views happened to clash. But, we decided on this little compromise, and then 5.5 years later, the day came. After waiting a few days, I asked her again if she still wanted to do this, and her answer was an enthusiastic YES. So there it was, our little girl wanted to pierce her ears.
We had to make a trip to the mall, and decided that while we were there, we'd surprise Grace and get her ears done on Sunday. When we got to Claire's there were 2 other girls in line wanting to get their ears done, too. One girl was about 8 or 9 and the other girl just turned 5. I wasn't sure Grace would still want to get her ears done after watching the other girls, but she was adamant about watching them, and not for one moment during the piercing process did she take her eyes off of the girls. While we were waiting, she got a chance to look at the earring choices and pick which one she wanted. I had scoped out the earrings ahead of time and knew she'd pick the white gold pink flower earrings, and she proved me right. I don't even think it took her 10 seconds to decide either. She also decided that she did not want both ears done at the very same time; she decided she wanted one ear done at a time. Whoa. She was really determined about this, too. I must have asked her like 6 times, and each time her answer remained the same. So one at time it was. And let me say, she was very brave, and she didn't even flinch. I wasn't quite sure who she was, because this is supposed to be the same girl who screams bloody murder when I try to brush knots out of her hair. But anyway, Here are some pics of the journey.

1 comment:
Eddie says that "aunt" katie should take Grace to get her first tatoo! I'm all for that;)
Post a Comment