Thursday, October 11, 2007

Late Update

My blogging update skills need some work. Sometimes, I find it hard to find time to actually put thoughts together in a way that makes sense to others. Hence, my blog is not updated as often as I'd like. Sorry!!

Ok, so Monday wasn't my best of days. The scale showed a gain of 1.6 lbs. I was frustrated to say the least. My goal back in March when I decided to lose weight regardless of not making it on the show The Biggest Loser, was to lose 50 lbs by October 26th. I'm no where close, even though it was a completely realistic goal, and even more frustrating that other people in my weight loss group have lost 50-80 lbs (2 people have reached the 80 lb mark-amazing!!). I only have myself to blame really, because in all honesty, I haven't been giving this 100%. Its hard because I still fight myself and my excuses on a daily basis. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life, and its a constant, daily battle that I have to decide each morning to fight. I am grateful for the almost 34 lbs I've lost so far. Trust me, I am. But at the same time, I can't help being disappointed that I didn't lose as much as I could have lost. I don't want to be a "before" or a "during." I want to be an "after" already. I've spent so much time being a "before" and I'm tired. I'm drained. But I will get to the finish line, I know I will. I'm a third of the way there now and its not as far as I once had to go. No matter what, I'm NOT going to give up, no matter how hard the days are, or how much the scale says what it wants to say and not what I want it to. I'm not going to give up even if I can't always stop making excuses. I'm not going to fall off the wagon and stay down, oh no siree Bob. I will dust myself off and get right back up again. I want to see the finish line.....for once.


***As of this morning, I am already down 1.4 lbs. YAY. I've steadily lost every morning since Monday, which makes me happy. I have 2 weeks left and I'd like to see how close I can get to being 40 lbs down by the time I step on the plane to Vegas since I obviously in no way will make it to the original 50 lb goal I set. As of today, I have exactly 6.4 lbs left to hit 40. However, I would like to lose 7 lbs just to make my weight an even number. =) I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

 

Mini Kit Klan:
Ray, Gabbi, Grace and Nate
Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Emocutez