As I sit here and write this post, it is currently 36 degrees outside. That, my friends, is almost freezing. However, I am not complaining, since I haven't even been outside. However, my cable is out and is not working. So, is it too cold for the cable wires to work? I wonder.
Herein lies the problem in which I believe Floridians tend to be "cold" when the temps drop below 70...........we have NO winter attire. None, zip, zilch, zero. So we (Floridians, but not me) freak out when the temps are indeed below 70, and the news has nothing better to talk about except how everyone needs to "bundle up tonight" and that when the temps get back to 80, IN WINTER mind you, that everything will be alright again in the world. Ok, so back to 36 degrees. That, in science, is almost freezing. So today, or at least this morning, we can say its a little cold outside. So what am I going to wear to Grace's soccer game so I don't freeze? (and for those who say, "Gabbi? Freeze?" Yes, I freeze. I am human you know. Just because I LIKE it cold, doesn't mean I can't BE cold.) Actually, I think Grace may not go to soccer today, since she does not have winter attire and will probably freeze her little soccer shorts off. (It was 30 degrees warmer last Saturday, and she was a little chilly.) So there you have it my friends, the one day where Florida is cold. Yes, just one.
Isaac plays Jesus
1 week ago

5 comments:
Hey now, I live in Florida too, and it was 19 degrees here in Tallahassee last night! You need to clarify your statements by saying "South Florida" people... :)
Gabbi-
I'm sure you hear enough of this from Wendi, but we would die for 30's! I saw highs of 30's on the weather report the other morning and I was literally jumping up and down. Living here really puts things in perspective. But I hope you stayed warm regardless.
Tara (Wendi's friend)
Oh! And happy belated birthday too!
I agree with you Gabby! It is entirely too cold!! My teeth are chattering!! I can't wait for the warm weather to come back!! I miss the beach!!
T: Ok, fine, SOUTH Floridians. Bleh, you knew what I meant :p
Tara (from MN): Yeah, I know you guys are thrilled its 30 out. But you have to admit, when its been warm for a couple of months and then it drops to 30, you guys are a little chilly, (Wendi has said that), but when its been 0 and goes up to 30, well thats a different story. Thanks for the happy birthday, too.
Anonymous: Who are you and why are you so cold? Please don't wish the warm weather back so soon!!
Post a Comment